One of the best things about using QuickBooks it that you can connect your software to different third-party programs so that you can integrate your accounting and financial data. QuickBooks uses Web Connector in order to facilitate the exchange of data between QuickBooks Desktop and other web services or web-based applications. However, if the QWCLOG.TXT file used by Web Connector is damaged or missing, you will not be able to access the data. When this occurs, you will see an error message that reads, “QBWC1085: There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.” This blog will give you a basic overview of the steps you need to follow to fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 and access your company data or a third-party program. The solution to fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 depends on the connection of your company file. Since the solutions may differ, you can contact the QuickBooks phone number and consult a professional software expert to know more about which solution is best for you.
In case the company file is not connected to any third party program or application, you can follow the steps given below to fix Error QBWC1085:
- Step 1: Restart your computer and log in as the Windows Administrator.
- Step 2: Open the ‘C’ Drive and go to ‘Program Data’ then click ‘Microsoft.’
- Step 3: Follow the given path: Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
- Step 4: Right-click the ‘QuickBooks Web Connector’ application and then press ‘Delete.’
After you delete the Web Connector application, you will need to restart your computer and open QuickBooks Desktop once again.
If the company file on QuickBooks is connected to a third-party application through the Web Connector application, you will need to rename the QWCLOG.TXT file to fix the error. You can follow the steps below to rename the file:
- Step 1: Close the QuickBooks Desktop software and Web Connector app.
- Step 2: Access the ‘C’ Drive and open the ‘Program Data’ folder.
- Step 3: Click on ‘Intuit’ and select the ‘QBWebConnector\log’ option.
- Step 4: Rename the QWCLOG.TXT file to QWCLOGOLD.TXT and reopen Web Connector.
After you rename the file, you can restart your computer and open QuickBooks Desktop and log in to your third party application. In case you find that QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 you will need to implement a more advanced solution. You can call the QuickBooks tech support number and speak to a customer service representative to get a detailed guide on how to fix any error related to your QuickBooks account software. The helpline number is available 24 hours a day so that you can speak to a trained QuickBooks expert whenever you need assistance related to a software error.