When it comes to your account, Xero believes that it is better to be safe than sorry. The two-step authentication, or 2SA, is a security feature that requires users to enter an authentication code along with their registered email address and password when they login to Xero. This unique code is generated by a mobile app that you will need to install on your phone or your computer. In case you do not have the authenticator app you can call the Xero contact number and consult an expert to check which app is best suited for your device. If you have an Android or Apple device you can use Google Authenticator, and if you have a Windows phone you can use Windows Authenticator. You should keep in mind that you may need to download and install a separate barcode scanner app in order to scan the QR code in Xero. After you download and install the necessary apps you can refer to the steps given in this article to set up the app.
Xero users first set up two-step authentication in the web version of Xero and then use it to log in into the mobile app. You can use the steps below to set up the Xero authenticator:
- Step 1: Login to your Xero account and click on the ‘Account’ option
- Step 2: Go to the ‘Two-step authentication’ settings and select ‘Setup’
- Step 3: Open the authenticator app and click the plus icon to add an account
- Step 4: Use the app to scan the barcode that is shown in Xero
- Step 5: You can also manually enter the account and key in the app
- Step 6: You will receive an authentication code from the authenticator app
- Step 7: Enter the code in Xero and click ‘Next’
- Step 8: Choose any three security questions and enter answers for the same
- Step 9: Recheck the questions and answers and click ‘Next’ to confirm
Now you just need to click ‘Done’ and your two-step authentication is complete and ready to be used the next time you log in to Xero.
After you start using 2SA it would be a good idea to add an alternate email address as an added recovery method. However, you must remember that this email must be different from the one you use when you log in to Xero.
- Log in to Xero and select ‘Use another authentication method’
- Go to the ‘Alternative email address’ box
- Select the option to set up an alternate email
- Answer the security question or enter the code to verify your identity
- Type the email ID you want to use and click ‘Send Code’
- Confirm your email by entering the code sent to the email ID
If you have any doubts about the steps mentioned above you can call the Xero customer service number and ask for additional assistance. Experts are available 24 hours a day and will be happy to answer any questions related to your Xero account.
Read More:- How To Resolve Error Message 404 And 500 In Xero