QuickBooks Error H505 occurs when there is a problem with the hosting set up of multi-user. The reason why this error occurs is mainly when one user tries to access the corporate file on the other system, which does not have an installation setup. If you are facing this issue while using QuickBooks, then you are definitely in need of the suggestion offered by the experts. You can contact professionals by dialling QuickBooks Support Number that stays active at all 24 hours in a day.
Several reasons are responsible for the occurrence of QuickBooks Error H505 to occur, and some of them are:
- Due to damaged and incorrect.ND configuration file
- QuickBooks services like QuickBooksDBXX or QBCFMonitor are not started.
- If you are not able to obtain the IP address of the host computer.
- When the settings of hosting configuration are incorrect.
- If the settings of QB firewall port are not set correctly.
- When DNS settings of the workstation are incorrect.
The common symptoms of the Error H505 are given below:
- The current running program window crashed due to QB Error H505.
- If your system is repeatedly crashing when an identical program is running that is having Error H505.
- If your window is running sluggishly and responds, slow to the mouse and keyboard input.
- When your PCX freezes for quite a time.
The solutions that one must use while fixing this issue on their own are given below:
Method 1: Turn on the hosting mode on the server computer, and for the user, the computer turns it off.
- Check on which all user computers, QB is showing error H505.
- Go to QuickBooks Menu > File > Utilities.
- Now look for the option Host Multi-User Access. If it is, present there then move to another computer, as this particular computer is not leading any problem.
- Moreover, if the option of Stop Hosting Multi-User Access is there then choose it.
- Repeat the above step for all the user computers that are depicting this error.
- Move to the server computer, if all the user computers are covered.
- Now on Server computer, open QB and go to File > Utilities
- If here, you see the option of Host Multi-User Access then choose it otherwise if Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option is there then do not select it.
Method 2: Configure Firewall Settings to allow exceptions
- Click on Start button of your Windows system.
- In the search box, enter Control Panel
- Open Control Panel > Firewall setting
- Then click on the option of ‘Allow a Program through Firewall’.
- Click Add Program and then in the list of exception add QB 20xx
- Now you are required to restart your system to apply the necessary changes made.
If you are not able to implement the steps as given in the blog, then you must speak with the professionals to seek a proper and prompt solution. You can call QuickBooks Customer Care Number to communicate with the certified experts who are having complete knowledge of the subject.