Earlier when there was no accounting software in the market, people used to manage their finances on papers and registers. Seems arduous? Well, it was! But today, QuickBooks is there to hold your hands. The software has been widely used by businesses in order to run their accounting process efficiently. QuickBooks comes up with several exceptional features which make it stand out from the crowd. At times, users come across some errors while using the software, which may hinder their work process. One of these annoying errors is ‘The file exists’ error message that is caused due to plenty of reasons. Go through this blog to have a clear picture of the problem, i.e. how it arises, when it occurs, and what are the methods to fix it. In case you are in a hurry, contact QuickBooks support number and let professionals solve your issue within a few minutes.
These are the instances when QuickBooks ‘The file exists’ error message pops up on your screen:
- While trying to download a payroll update.
- The error may come up when you try to launch state or federal forms
- You may come across this problem while printing from QuickBooks
- The error might obstruct your way when you go on to pay scheduled liabilities
- You may not have an updated version of QuickBooks desktop application
- Lack of proper administrative rights on Windows
- A weak internet connection
- Improper or incomplete installation of QuickBooks software
- When the firewall and internet security settings are not correct
- Solutions to cure ‘The file exists’ error message:
First of all, you need to verify whether you have a secure and reliable internet connection or not. For this, peep at the points below:
- Step 1: Go to your default web browser and open any secure domain to see if the internet is working
- Step 2: Verify the latency of the network in order to check if there are any dropped internet packets.
- Step 3: Also, check if the SSL settings are not error-prone.
- Step 4: Make sure you use Internet Explorer as your default browser
- Step 1: Open the QuickBooks desktop application and visit the ‘Help’ menu. Now, click on the ‘Product information’ tab.
- Step 2: Tap on search and then go to ‘get the latest update QuickBooks desktop’ option.
- Step 3: Save the file somewhere according to your preference and start the process of installing the updates
- Step 4: Once done, restart your system and check if the error persists.
- Step 1: Visit control panel and click on the user-account control button
- Step 2: Here, you can change the settings and turn user-account control off
- Step 3: Click ‘OK’ and proceed.
- Step 1: Open the Run box and enter appwiz.cpl
- Step 2: Select QuickBooks to uninstall it.
- Step 3: Install the software again after downloading ‘Clean install tool.’
If none of the above solutions worked even when you executed them correctly, the best way to resolve the problem would be to connect with experts at QuickBooks customer service number and explain your issue to them.